My name is Alyse and there is nothing that makes me happier or feel more alive than capturing life's most precious moments.
I happen to be in love with natural lighting and beautiful landscapes, constantly searching for the next place to run away to. But let's be honest, sharing the adventure with someone is half the fun! So for me, a successful shoot is when beautiful pictures are the goal, but by the end of the day we've laughed, we've cried, and all of the energy and emotion is presented in those beautiful images.
My other passions include travel, sustainable and holistic lifestyle, and all things having to do with animals. I'm definitely someone who loves deeply and gets way too excited about the smallest of things. You can pretty much find me either shooting, traveling, stuffing my face full of tasty food, or hanging out with my fur babies.
Please don't hesitate to message me for any inquiries or just to say hello!
Fun Facts About me:
- I have a 4-year associates degree in Photographic Arts, with an emphasis on film and darkroom photography.
- I was born and raised in San Diego, CA. In January 2022, I moved deep in the Napa Valley hills and now live on a goat ranch in a cute tiny home cabin.
- I was a photography instructor at a children's science institute for 4 years, teaching darkroom and film.
- My favorite color is chartreuse and/or green.
- I am Engaged to a Land Surveyor and we have been together for over 9 years.
- I was the lead photographer at a San Diego based Luxury Senior Portrait Studio for 6 years.
- Im big into audio books! My Favorite genre is fantasy.
- My go-to meal is a burrito from any little authentic taco shop.
- I have 10 years of paid photography experience dating back to high school.
- I have 2 children. They are a Pitbull mix named Nala and a one eyed Corgi puppy named Scout.
- I will cry at almost anything slightly touching or emotional.
LET'S BUILD A FRIENDSHIP!
One thing that people might forget to think about when photographer shopping is that It is important that we mush well! I strongly believe that if someone is going to be there for you in the happiest and most intimate moments of your life, you should not only get to know them but probably like them as well! duh. VIBE WITH YOUR TRIBE! It will make your experience that much more amazing.
So if a little rain never hurt you, the wind makes you feel alive, laughing is your medicine, if you are always open to trying something new, and mud between your toes doesn't send you to your grave... Then we are going to get along perfectly!
colleagues & industry professionals
"Alyse is an absolutely amazing photographer. I have worked with her on countless portrait sessions over several years and I would recommend her to anyone who is looking for a photographer who really knows every part of the craft. She has a creative mind, a delightful personality, and loves what she does. Her photo sessions are so much fun and the results are SO GOOD."
"Where do I even begin? Alyse is such a natural with a camera in her hands. She makes people feel so comfortable and is a beyond amazing person. Her work is stunning, timeless happy and creative. I have had the pleasure of working with her for a few years. She is professional, talented, funny and SOOOO knowledgeable about photography. I trust her with all of my photography needs."
"Alyse is the best!! I am a makeup artist who’s worked a couple weddings with her and she kills it! I’ve even had her take my professional photos and she truly is amazing at her job. She’s professional but also knows how to make you laugh and feel super comfortable during a shoot with her. 10/10 would recommend!!"
"I've worked with Alyse on multiple weddings, engagements, events and studio sessions. She goes above and beyond to get to know her clients and makes the experience one of a kind and memorable. Her work is always professional and she really has an eye for what will look the best in each photo. You wont go wrong with her!"